Its capital is Kathmandu. It borders with China and India. The official language is Nepali spoken by almost 50% of the population. Other languages spoken are Mahithili, Bhojpuri, Tharu, Tamang, Newari, Magar, Awadhi and other native languages. About 80% of the inhabitants are Hindus, Buddhists represent almost 11%, Muslims 4.2%, and the rest are of other religions and Christians
- The visa is an obligatory procedure.
- Acquire a medical insurance for travelers.
- Foreigners are vulnerable to crime, be cautious.
- Keep your personal documents close and make physical and digital copies.
- Do not accept packages or suitcases from strangers for any reason.
- Mountainous areas may be at risk of earthquakes or landslides, be aware if you travel to these places.
- Bring a mosquito net and a repellent.
- Wear lightweight clothing that dries quickly and keeps you warm.
- Keep in mind that you will be at a higher altitude, so watch out for symptoms of altitude sickness.
The yellow fever vaccine is mandatory for those who come from or have traveled through a country where the disease is at risk or endemic. The recommended vaccines are:
- Tetanus and diphtheria
- Hepatitis A y B
- Typhoid fever