The capital is Moscow. It borders with Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia and North Korea.
The official language is Russian. The Russian Orthodox Church is the official church with 50% believers, while the remaining population is considered to be Christian only.
- The visa is mandatory.
- Purchase a travel medical insurance.
- The passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months upon arrival and departure from the country.
- Alcohol and tobacco are prohibited in public places.
- Keep in a safe place, but at hand, your passport and documents because the authorities can make random checks.
- Avoid trips to the outskirts of the city especially at night.
Although there are no mandatory vaccinations, the recommended ones are:
- Hepatitis A y B
- Tetanus and diphtheria