South Africa has Pretoria as its capital. It occupies most of the African continent. It borders with Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The official languages are several: Afrikaans, English, Sepedi, izixhosa, isizulu, sesotho, Setswana, siswati, sisndebele, tshivenda and xitsonga. The majority of the population is Christian, but some regions profess traditional religions and there are Hindu and Muslim minorities.
- The visa to enter the country is obligatory.
- Remember that it is illegal to buy, sell, transport or trade any protected animal.
- When you enter and leave the country, your passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
- The levels of HIV indication and transmission in South Africa are very high. Be alert.
- If you are travelling with children, you should have birth certificates on hand.
- It is recommended to follow only the directions of the guides in tourist areas.
The yellow fever vaccine is mandatory to enter the country, mainly for people coming from countries where the disease is endemic or at risk.